Pittsburgh Find a Lawyer Standards
Not Just Any Lawyer
To be listed on Pittsburgh Find a Lawyer, attorneys must meet high standards:
They must be in good standing with the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and be free of any pending disciplinary investigations or proceedings.
They must alert the Allegheny County Bar Association if they are notified that they become the subject of a professional investigation at any time in the future.
They must be approved by the Allegheny County Bar Board of Governors.
They must be a Allegheny County Bar Member.
They must show a personal commitment to professionalism and sign the nine "Commitments to Clients".
They must carry at least $100,000 in professional liability insurance for all areas but Injury and Accidents which must carry at least $1,000,000.
They must agree to use and provide a written fee agreement to every client.
They must agree to participate in fee arbitration with a client if necessary.
Please note, any lawyer found to be in violation of any of the above requirements will be immediately placed on suspension and their listing will be immediately removed from public view.
Nine Commitments to Clients
- To treat clients with respect and courtesy.
- To handle their legal matters competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession.
- To charge a reasonable fee and to explain in advance how that fee will be computed and billed.
- To return phone calls promptly.
- To keep clients informed and provide them with copies of important papers.
- To respect my clients' decisions on the objectives to be pursued in their case, as permitted by law and the rules of professional conduct, including whether or not to settle their case.
- To work with other participants in the legal system to make our legal system more accessible and responsive.
- To preserve the clients' confidences learned during our lawyer-client relationship.
- To exhibit the highest degree of ethical conduct in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.